The International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREPs) is an international partnership between registration bodies around the world that register exercise professionals.
ICREPs is a membership based organisation. Our full members all operate independent, competency based registration systems for exercise/fitness professionals. ICREPs members operate in four continents, and ten countries, and collectively register almost 1/4 million individual exercise professionals. ICREPs has also produced a global matrix that maps each ICREPs member’s registration levels against the others, which provides a clear pathway for exercise professionals considering moving countries. For more information on how registers work, see our resources page on setting up a national register.
- March 2015 - Stuart Turner elected as board chairman. Press release here.
- January 2015: ICREPs invites RFP (request for proposal) from organisations that wish to provide global verification services (as a part of ICREPs review of education providers in non ICREPs member countries). For full details see the attached document (note last date for submissions is 12 noon GMT on 13 February 2015).
- December 2014: ICREPs welcome REPs Belgium as a full member.
- July 2014: ICREPs welcomes two new provisional* members, REPs Lebanon and REPs Caribbean
March 2014: ICREPs admits US REPs as a full member, taking the number of exercise professionals registered globally through ICREPs members to almost 1/4 million individuals.
- December 2013: ICREPs confirms its first provider in Asia – AASFP. Please see attached press release for full details.
- November 2013: ICREPs releases global standards for exercise professionals. Read more about this in this press release, or download the standards here (note the standards are provides free to assist in the development of new national registers intending to join ICREPs, but remain (c) ICREPs).
* Provisional members are working towards full membership.
- ICREPs is recognised by IHRSA (the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association) as the global body representing national registration bodies of exercise professionals
- ICREPs is in the process of mapping quality education providers from around the globe (outside of ICREPs member countries) against ICREPs member’s standards.
For more information on ICREPs members, please click on the logos on the bottom of this page. This will take you to the web site of the register that operates in that country/region, and will include information on how to register, as well as contact details of the registration body.
ICREPs also works with education providers that operate outside of ICREPs member countries. In this case, training providers can apply to have their course(s) mapped against ICREPs members standards, with the outcome giving global portability and recognition (in ICREPs member countries) for graduates of courses that have been mapped, and meet the required standards. For more details on this process see the training provider page.
For more details on what ICREPs does, or to enquire as to how ICREPs can support a country to develop its own registration system, please browse this web site, especially the resources page, or contact us.