The International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREPs) is an international partnership between registration bodies around the world that register exercise professionals.
ICREPs is a membership based organisation. Our full members all operate independent, competency based registration systems for exercise/fitness professionals. ICREPs members operate in four continents, and ten countries, and collectively register almost 1/4 million individual exercise professionals. ICREPs has also produced a global matrix that maps each ICREPs member’s registration levels against the others, which provides a clear pathway for exercise professionals considering moving countries. For more information on how registers work, see our resources page on setting up a national register.
- March 2015 - Stuart Turner elected as board chairman. Press release here.
- January 2015: ICREPs invites RFP (request for proposal) from organisations that wish to provide global verification services (as a part of ICREPs review of education providers in non ICREPs member countries). For full details see the attached document (note last date for submissions is 12 noon GMT on 13 February 2015). Update: ICREPs has subsequently decided to indefinitely suspend this review programme.
- December 2014: ICREPs welcome REPs Belgium as a full member.
- July 2014: ICREPs welcomes two new provisional* members, REPs Lebanon and REPs Caribbean
March 2014: ICREPs admits US REPs as a full member, taking the number of exercise professionals registered globally through ICREPs members to almost 1/4 million individuals.
- December 2013: ICREPs confirms its first provider in Asia – AASFP. Please see attached press release for full details.
- November 2013: ICREPs releases global standards for exercise professionals. Read more about this in this press release, or download the standards here (note the standards are provides free to assist in the development of new national registers intending to join ICREPs, but remain (c) ICREPs).
In addition to our members, ICREPs also is recognised by IHRSA (the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association) as the global body representing national registration bodies of exercise professionals
For more information on ICREPs members, please click on the logos on the bottom of this page. This will take you to the web site of the register that operates in that country/region, and will include information on how to register, as well as contact details of the registration body.
Please note that ICREPs does not review courses directly, nor does it register individuals. If your country as an ICREPs member, please contact them directly for more information on how to get registered and/or how courses are recognised (this varies depending on eduction systems, laws and frameworks within each country).
IMPORTANT: ICREPs is a membership based organisations (meaning members must meet criteria and apply for membership to be part of ICREPs). All members are eligible to undertake mapping against other ICREPs countries, with the ultimate outcome of being part of the Global Portability Matrix, which assists exercise professional in understanding the requirements of each register as they relate to other ICREPs members. Not all ICREPs members have undertaken the mapping – as of mid 2015, the USA and Canada are in the process of mapping. Belgium is also expected to be mapped shortly.
For more details on what ICREPs does, or to enquire as to how ICREPs can support a country to develop its own registration system, please browse this web site, especially the resources page, or contact us.